|It has been suggested that this article or section be merged into [[::Yusif Khalil Abdallah Nur|Yusif Khalil Abdallah Nur]]. (Discuss) Proposed since November 2010.|
|40x40px||Wikisource has original text related to this article:|
Abd al-Rahman Bin Khalil Bin Abdallah Nur (عبدالرحمن بن خليل بن عبدالله نور) is a citizen of Saudi Arabia, who is named on a "most wanted" poster issued by the Defense Intelligence Agency of the USA.
Guantanamo counter-terror analysts claimed that Yusif Khalil Abdallah Nur name matched one on a suspicious list. Guantanamo counter-terror analysts offered this alleged name match as one of the justifications for Yusif Khalil Abdallah Nur's continuing to be held in extrajudicial detention. Almost all the Saudi captives in Guantanamo have been repatriated to Saudi Arabia—but Yusif Khalil Abdallah Nur remains in Guantanamo.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Most Wanted, Afghanistan/Pakistan". Defense Intelligence Agency. October 2006. pp. 29–30. http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=File:DIA_Af-Pak_wanted_posters,_October_2006.pdf&page=30. Retrieved 2007-03-14. "Terrorist Affilation [sic]: al-Qaida (AQ). Believed to be in: Afghanitan/Pakistan. Former Guantanamo detainee. AQ Facilitator" Template:Commons-inline
- "Former Guantanamo Detainees who have returned to the fight". United States Department of Defense. 2007-05-15. http://www.nefafoundation.org/miscellaneous/FeaturedDocs/DOD_fmrGitmo.pdf. Retrieved 2008-07-28. "Noor was released in July of 2003, and has since participated in fighting against US forces near Kandahar. After his release, Noor was identified as the person in an October 7, 2001, video interview with al‐Jazeerah TV network, wherein he is identified as the “deputy defense minister of the Taliban.” In this interview, he described the defensive position of the mujahideen and claimed they had recently downed an airplane." mirror
- OARDEC (May 15, 2006). "List of Individuals Detained by the Department of Defense at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba from January 2002 through May 15, 2006". United States Department of Defense. Archived from the original on 30 September 2007. http://www.dod.mil/news/May2006/d20060515%20List.pdf. Retrieved 2007-09-29.
- [[[:Template:DoD detainees ARB]] Summarized transcript (.pdf)], from Yusif Khalil Abdallah Nur's Administrative Review Board hearing - page 1
- OARDEC (2008-10-09). "Consolidated chronological listing of GTMO detainees released, transferred or deceased". Department of Defense. Archived from the original on 27 December 2008. http://www.dod.mil/pubs/foi/detainees/09-F-0031_doc1.pdf. Retrieved 2008-12-28.