|Armando Fosco Sr.|
|Born||July 13, 1922|
|Died||February 5, 1987 (age 64)|
|Other names||Mondo, Mondie|
|Occupation||International Brotherhood of Teamsters Labor Leader, reputed Chicago Outfit member|
|Home town||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|Spouse(s)||Gloria M. Nappi Fosco|
|Partner(s)||Sharon Salvo Giles|
|Children||Armando Jr., Ralph (with Gloria), Joseph and Paul (with Sharon)|
|Relatives||Romie J. Nappi (brother-in-law)|
According to FBI documents, the government believed Armando was a hit-man for the Chicago Outfit. FBI Agents observed Armando working with Outfit heavyweight Ross Prio. His wife, Gloria M. Nappi, was a blood relation to Outfit political fixer Romie J. Nappi.
In 2009, Armando’s son, Joseph Fosco, named Armando in a first of its kind civil RICO lawsuit against a mafia group. Armando was identified in the lawsuit as a suspected embezzler who failed to make a kickback payment to the Chicago Outfit. According to the complaint, it was alleged that members of the Chicago Outfit, including Outfit boss John DiFronzo, schemed to extort money from the Fosco family, as if the family was in possession of said ill-gotten gains alleged to have been skimmed from the International Brotherhood of Teamsters. The case was ultimately dismissed for statute of limitations issues. 
References[edit | edit source]
- "Obituary for Armando Fosco". Chicago Sun-Times. 1987-02-07. http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-3809391.html. Retrieved 2012-06-18.
- "Federal Bureau of Investigation files on Ross Prio". http://americannewspost.com/docs/jfosco/Fosco,_Armondo_-_Prio_file_3_pg_57.jpg. Retrieved 2012-06-18.
- "Obiturary for Romie Nappi". Chicago Tribune. 2001-10-21. http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2001-10-21/news/0110260442_1_dominic-dear-uncle. Retrieved 2012-06-18.
- "Joseph A. Fosco v. John DiFronzo, Peter DiFronzo, Jack P Cerone, Rudolph Fratto, Jr., Joseph Giacchino, Jr. and John and Jane Doe (s) Members and Associates of the Chicago Outfit". Justia.com. http://dockets.justia.com/docket/illinois/ilndce/1:2009cv01882/229918/. Retrieved 2011-12-03.
- "Civil RICO Complaint in full". Americannewspost.com. http://americannewspost.com/docs/jfosco/filing3/slides/ricocomplaint_1.html. Retrieved 2011-12-03.
- "MEMORANDUM Opinion and Order Signed by the Honorable Harry D. Leinenweber on 7/28/2009". Justia.com. http://law.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/illinois/ilndce/1:2009cv01882/229918/48. Retrieved 2011-12-03.