Template:Infobox Government agency In the United States the Associate Director of National Intelligence and Chief Information Officer (Intelligence Community CIO, ADNI/CIO or IC CIO) is charged with directing and managing activities relating to information technology for the Intelligence Community (IC) and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI). The IC CIO reports directly to the Director of National Intelligence (DNI). Mr. Al Tarasiuk assumed the position of IC Chief Information Officer effective February 28, 2011.
Mission[edit | edit source]
The IC CIO has four primary areas of responsibility:
- Manage activities relating to the information technology infrastructure and enterprise architecture of the Intelligence Community;
- Exercise procurement approval authority over all information technology items related to the enterprise architecture of all Intelligence Community components;
- Direct and manage all information technology-related procurement for the Intelligence Community; and
- Ensure all expenditures for information technology and research and development activities are consistent with the Intelligence Community enterprise architecture and the strategy of the Director for such architecture.
History[edit | edit source]
The Office of the IC CIO was established by Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 500, "Director of National Intelligence Chief Information Officer," effective August 7, 2008. ICD 500 superseded Director of Central Intelligence Directive (DCID) 1/6, "The Intelligence Community Chief Information Officer."
References[edit | edit source]
- "President Obama to Appoint New Chief Information Officer of the Intelligence Community". http://dni.gov/press_releases/20110216_release.pdf.
- "Intelligence Community Directive 500: Director of National Intelligence Chief Information Officer". 2008-08-07. http://www.odni.gov/electronic_reading_room/ICD500.pdf. Retrieved 2009-08-05. [dead link]
[edit | edit source]
- CIA CIO To Head IT For Intelligence Community
- Intelligence Community Directive 500: Director of National Intelligence Chief Information Officer
- Office of the Director of National Intelligence
- US Intelligence Community
- An Overview of the United States Intelligence Community
|30px||This United States government–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|