He was arrested on October 15, 2004 in Hamburg on a Spanish warrant, but freed on July 18, 2005 after a ruling by the Federal Constitutional Court of Germany. Darkazanli is under sanction, as affiliate or supporter of al-Qaida, by the United Nations, by the European Union, and by the United States Treasury as a Specially Designated Global Terrorist. His company, called Mamoun Darkazanli Import-Export Company or Darkazanli Export-Import Sonderposten, in Hamburg, until recently was listed as well.
References[edit | edit source]
- Interpol red notice on Darkazanli
- "BBC reports arrest". BBC News. 2004-10-15. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3747968.stm. Retrieved 2012-03-16.
- "BBC reports release". BBC News. 2005-07-18. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4692375.stm. Retrieved 2012-03-16.
- "Judgment in German". Bundesverfassungsgericht.de. 2005-07-18. http://www.bundesverfassungsgericht.de/entscheidungen/rs20050718_2bvr223604.html. Retrieved 2012-03-16.
- "UN 1267 Committee banned entity list". Un.org. http://www.un.org/Docs/sc/committees/1267/tablelist.htm. Retrieved 2012-03-16.
- "EU notice". Eur-lex.europa.eu. http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CELEX:32002R0881:EN:HTML. Retrieved 2012-03-16.
- "US Treasury SDN and SDGT list". http://www.ustreas.gov/offices/enforcement/ofac/sdn/sdnlist.txt. Retrieved 2012-03-16.
- "Delisting of Mamoun Darkazanli Import-Export Company or Darkazanli Export-Import Sonderposten". Un.org. http://www.un.org/News/Press/docs/2010/sc9983.doc.htm. Retrieved 2012-03-16.