Maxim Yuryevich Lazovsky (Template:Lang-ru, nicknames "Max", "Lame"; July 31, 1965 – April 28, 2000) was a former KGB and FSB officer who became involved in underground business. According to Alexander Litvinenko and co-authors he was also suspected of participation in Russian apartment bombings in 1999, along with other crimes including murders and kidnappings.
Maxim Lazovsky was born in Grozny, Chechnya. In 1992, Lazovsky organized a gang that was linked to the Chechen criminal groups which tried to control oil business in the neighbouring regions. Lazovsky was co-owner of the firm Lanako, engaged in oil business. In the same firm worked Captain Andrey Shchelenkov, who died from an explosion of his own bomb on a railway bridge in Moscow on November 18, 1994. Colonel Vladimir Vorobyev, who shorty after organized another act of terrorism in Moscow: the explosion of a trolleybus in December 1994, also cooperated closely with Lazovsky.
In February 1996, Lazovsky was detained by the Moscow Criminal Investigation department (MUR) and accused of various criminal activities together with the Moscow FSB employee Alexey Jumashkin and six other FSB employees. In 1997 Lazovsky was convicted to two years for illegal possession of drugs and weapons. He was released in 1998.
On April 28, 2000, Lazovsky was shot by unknown assassins on the entryway of a church in the village of Uspenskoye near Moscow, where he lived.
References[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- A. Goldfarb and Alexander Litvinenko. Template:Ru icon Gang from Lubyanka. GRANI, New York, 2002. ISBN 0-9723878-0-3.
- Yuri Felshtinsky and Alexander Litvinenko. Blowing up Russia: Terror from within. New York 2002. ISBN 1-56171-938-2.
[edit | edit source]
- Template:Ru icon Гексогеновый след
- Template:Ru icon Письмо Батчаева и Крымшамхалова
- Template:Ru icon А.Ливтиненко, Ю.Фельштинский. ФСБ взрывает Россию
- Template:Ru icon Загадки Максима Лазовского
- Template:Ru icon Киллеры Хромого торговали нефтью
- Template:Ru icon Лазовский был офицером ФСБ
- Template:Ru icon Осуждена одна из самых кровожадных банд 90-х
- Template:Ru icon Безнаказанный террор
- Template:Ru icon Ветераны спецназа работали с чеченскими боевиками
- Template:Ru icon Макс не дожил до суда