Template:Infobox Government agency The National Counter-Terrorism Action Group (NCTAG) (Template:Lang-fil) (PLPLT) was formed on November 27, 2007, with its existence announced to the public on November 29, 2007. It is an anti-terrorist body under the Philippine Anti-Terrorism Council.
History[edit | edit source]
After its formation on November 27, 2007, and the announcement of its establishment on November 29, 2007, the group was trained by the RP-UK Crisis Management Assistance Program, in cooperation with the British Embassy. The training programme was shown to the public in January 2008. Former Philippine National Police chief, Arturo Lomibao, was appointed as the group's first chief officer.
The NACTAG held its first anti-terrorist exercises at the Light Railway Transit-2 station in Cubao and at the Metro Rail Transit North Avenue Station to prepare authorities for future terrorist attacks after a bombing was reported at Iligan City.
Mandate[edit | edit source]
The mandate of the NACTAG is to be "involved in the actual investigation, in case of a terrorist attack, and in providing prosecutors with “enough evidence and witnesses so that the cases will stand in court in accordance with Republic Act (RA) 9372" or the Human Security Act."
Manpower[edit | edit source]
The NACTAG's manpower, as well as funding, would come from the Armed Forces of the Philippines, Philippine National Police, National Bureau of Investigation, Philippine Coast Guard, Philippine Immigration, and the Anti-Money Laundering Council.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Lomibao named anti-terror group chief". Sun.Star Cebu. 2007-11-29. http://www.sunstar.com.ph/static/man/2007/11/29/news/lomibao.named.anti.terror.group.chief.html. Retrieved 2009-06-30.
- Lomibao heads new anti-terror action group at the Wayback Machine (archived December 1, 2007)
- "Local police get one-of-a-kind British training". The Manila Times. 2008-01-30. Archived from the original on 2012-01-07. http://web.archive.org/web/20080404173742/http://www.manilatimes.net/national/2008/jan/30/yehey/metro/20080130met3.html. Retrieved 2009-06-30.
- "Former PNP chief Lomibao named head of anti-terror unit". Philippine Daily Inquirer. 2007-11-29. Archived from the original on 2012-01-07. http://www.webcitation.org/64X3Nzbnk. Retrieved 2009-06-30.
- "Anti-terror exercises held at train stations". GMA Network. 2008-12-20. http://www.gmanews.tv/story/140413/Anti-terror-exercises-held-at-train-stations. Retrieved 2009-06-30.
- Lira Dalangin-Fernandez (2007-11-28). "Palace forms new anti-terror group". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Archived from the original on 2012-01-07. http://www.webcitation.org/64X6FZn0f. Retrieved 2012-01-07.