The Russian Coast Guard (Береговая охрана РФ), previously known as the KGB Maritime Border Guard, is part of the Border Guard Service of Russia under the Federal Security Service of Russia (Береговая охрана Пограничной службы ФСБ России), has a significant combat capability.
Ships of the Russian Coast Guard are:
- Frigates (FFG): 6 (1 reserve) - Nerei class/Krivak III class
- Light frigates (FFL): 12 - Grisha II class, 1(2 more launched) Rubin class patrol boat
- Offshore patrol vessels: 27 - various types
- Patrol Icebreakers: 6 - Ivan Susanin class icebreaker, 1 - "ПС-581" Project 22120
- Patrol boats (PCF): 66
- River craft: 22
Training and Study[edit | edit source]
The FSB Coast Guard Institute (Институт береговой охраны ФСБ России) located Anapa, was established in 2007.
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Aircraft[edit | edit source]
Commanders[edit | edit source]
- Admiral Innokentiy Nalyotov (1996-2002)
- Vice-Admiral Vyacheslav Serzhanin (2004–2006)
- General-Colonel Viktor Trufanov (Since 2006)